Anxiety, stress, depression, overthinking, paranoia, frustration, and other mental health problems arise these days. Youth and young adults experience these problems due to different factors like pressure and multiple tasks and goals to accomplish. I especially enjoy pure cbd oil because they’re so convenient!
This sad event gave the CBD industry an idea to help this generation overcome stress by means of a bit chilling. CBD stands for cannabidiol which is an extracted matter from a cannabis plant. If you are thinking that this CBD will make you relaxed by means of getting high, you are totally wrong. It was proven that the THC in the cannabis plant gives a high effect. It was also proven that the THC in CBD is very little to produce a high effect on users.
In a study entitled “Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry, the findings of the scientists showed that aggression of mice can be reduced with the help of CBD. This study was published last May of the current year.
This study suggests further use of CBD oil as an anti-depressant or simply a treatment for anxiety.
According to Sabrina Lisboa, the corresponding author of the study, aggression is not a mental sickness but it is frequently observed in mental illness like autism spectrum disorder, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia and post-traumatic stress disorder. There is a number of clinical trials on the use of CBD to patients with schizophrenia, autism and depression. The results of these clinical trials are very promising, Lisboa added.
As of now, CBD is not yet approved as a substitute treatment for the stated illness. Scientists and researchers are looking at the medical potential of CBD oil in the future.
Here are some key points of the study of the effect of CBD on mice aggression:
- Mice are isolated for ten days for them to be aggressive once they go along with other mice
- To see the effect of CBD, a group of mice was given CBD injections with a dosage ranging from five to sixty milligrams per kilogram body weight.
- The “resident intruder test” was done after the injections of CBD. In this test, a new mouse will be introduced to the mice and there will be monitoring on how the isolated mice will react.
- The result of the resident intruder test showed that the mice who received CBD injections attacked the “intruder” less compared to those mice who did not get any injection.
- The authors of this study concluded that the results portrayed a connection between CBD and the reduction of aggression.
- In probing a detailed result, they found out that there are CBD related biochemical changes occurred that could explain their observations in the test.
- Two receptors in the mice were activated by CBD. These are named 5-HT1A and CB1 receptors. The first one controls mood while the other one is responsible for modulating response to stress.
This study is a very good start in discovering all the medical help that cannabidiol can provide but still, there are lot more details to e discovered.